We suggest that you do this practice assignment in a group of 2-3 people. Jesus always sent His disciples in pairs. We were not meant to do the work of disciple-making on our own.
Here are the steps of the assignment:
- Allow 1.5 to 2 hours for this practice assignment
- Choose a populated area that you will go to. It can be a busy street, a shopping center, museums, and etc.
- When you get to the location, pray walk around the area together. Ask God to lead you to a “person of Peace”
- If the Spirit prompts you, then begin conversations with people and try to move “simple” conversation to “spiritual” conversation.
- If the person is showing interest in reading the Bible with you then schedule a time when you can meet with them for a Discovery Bible Study (we will talk about it more in the next lesson).
- In the comments section below, let us know how did the practice assignment go.