The goal of this segment is to give the participants an opportunity to make sure that the “person of peace” strategy is truly the strategy of Jesus Christ and is fully founded on the Holy Scriptures.
Work on Luke 10:1-11 and Matt 10:5-14 filling in the following chart based on these two passages:
From Luke 10 and Matthew 10 write out the characteristics of a “person of peace”. In the comments section below write out the characteristics that really stand out to you.
The results should look like this. A person of peace:
- Welcomes you into his/her home
- Serve you
- Listens to you
- Opens their family/group/community/network to the Good News
- Your peace remains on him
Examples of a “Person of Peace” in other passages of the Bible:
- Matthew (Matt. 9:9-10, Luke 5:27-32)
- Andrew (John 1:35-42)
- Peter (Matt. 8:14)
- Lazarus, Mary and Martha (John 11:1-46)
- Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10)
- The demon possessed man (Luke 8:26-39)
- Lydia (Acts 16:11-15)
- The prison guard in Philippi (Acts 16:24-34)
- Jason (Acts 17:1-9)
- Aquila and Priscilla (Acts 18:1-4)
- Justin (Acts 18:5-8)
Pick a minimum of two of these examples and write out new characteristics that you see in a “Person of Peace.” Share you discoveries in the comments section below.